Client confidentiality is extremely important at Yes4Me. Our trained management, outreach and counselling
staff carefully support clients and handle their information securely. Our partnered doctors and
laboratories are NABL accredited (National accreditation Board for Testing and Calibration Laboratories) and
follow the 2019 HIV Act to protect people living with HIV and the health information of people accessing HIV
services. Here we explain what data may be collected on Yes4Me, how we use that data, and our protocol for
protecting the confidentiality of our clients and their information.
What information do I share with Yes4Me?
You may share some information with Yes4Me’s to assess your HIV and sexual health needs and to avail PrEP.
Assessing your HIV and sexual health needs
The platform will ask questions about your HIV testing history, current HIV status and several factors that
may impact your eligibility for PrEP. These questions can be around sexual health needs, gender, sexuality,
and several HIV risk factors. This information provides you with the right recommendations about if you
should get on PrEP or not.
We also routinely use this data to help us ensure we reach all populations and improve our service delivery.
All your responses are kept confidential.
Meeting a Doctor and ordering PrEP
With the assistance of your sexual health manager, you can book an appointment with a service provider near
you for a day and time that is convenient for you. Once you have the prescription, using Yes4Me you can also
order PrEP to be delivered at your door step. When you are selecting a doctor or a partnered pharmacist, ,
you may share your GPS location (optional), age (in years), name or nickname, phone number, and the services
you would like to receive during your appointment. Your phone number enables us to provide required
counseling and help link you to any follow-up prevention or treatment services. If you enable location
sharing with Yes4Me, our facilities will be prioritized to show you the nearest services first. If you
refuse to share your location, you can simply choose your city and neighborhood where you would like to find
What information does Yes4Me share with clinical providers?
Yes4Me shares some information with clinical providers to help facilitate your appointment. This includes
the information you enter to book an appointment on Yes4Me like your name/nickname, phone number, services
requested etc.. Your responses about your risk behavior are not shared with the provider.
What information do clinical partners share with Yes4Me?
To facilitate secure data sharing and reporting, Yes4Me signs a memorandum of understanding (an “agreement)
with all our partners which binds the clinics to maintain absolute confidentiality and treat client data
with extreme sensitivity. This agreement allows us to share your appointment information with clinical
partners and for clinical partners to securely report to Yes4Me when you access services and report.. All
information is secured at a password protected system and only accessed by a data manager for reporting and
improving our services. It also ensures that we reach populations most in need of HIV services and ensure
that follow-up prevention, testing and treatment services can be offered to every client requesting services
- Yes4Me online client support team, including outreach workers and counselors, are trained in client confidentiality and have signed and are bound to a code of ethics
- Clinical partners follow national accreditation for laboratory services and 2019 HIV Act
- Clinical partners have signed an agreement with Yes4me that allows for data security and data sharing with Yes4Me to protect clients of Yes4Me
- Yes4Me have trained clinical partners on the provision of stigma-free services for Yes4Me clients, including for key populations.
- Yes4Me collects feedback from clients about the clinical services they receive through Yes4Me and shares this anonymous feedback with clinical partners to improve their service delivery
- Yes4Me.net uses a range of security measures to protect clients using Yes4Me and data stored on Yes4Me, including using SQL, an encrypted server, password protected user logins.